Duties and Functions of Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (Biodiversity )
Discharging the Custodial functions contemplated under the Biodiversity Act, which is more regulatory in nature and taking appropriate action as envisaged in the BD Act.
- Carrying out the functions necessary for the enabling functioning of the State Biodiversity Board and the follow up action and initiation of action thereon as decided and contemplated and coordination with State Biodiversity Board, KFRI, TBGRI, WII, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Bio-technology.
- Tol perform functions relating to conservations in areas outside PAs, Sacred Grows, Common resources, Mangroves, Wetlands.
- Authority to maintain peoples biodiversity register.
- Coordination of wildlife research activities and dissemination of findings in the Wildlife Wing.
- Coordinate landscape management planning programmes.
- Development of data bank on biodiversity.
- Implementation of International protocols.
- Implementation of externally aided projects under Bio-diversity Conservation.
- Any other work assigned to him by the Govt. / PCCF / APCCF and CWW.
- He will discharge the functions contemplated under the RTI Act in respect to his wing.
- Taking timely action as required in correspondences and submitting of compliance reports, those are necessary with respect to the implementation of the scheme as required under various Acts & Rules.
- All matters relating to the Kerala Forest (Vesting and Management of Ecologically Fragile Lands) Act 2003
- Chief Conservator of Forests (Bio Diversity & EFL) will perform all duties and functions stipulated for the Custodian as per the provisions of the Kerala Forest (Vesting and Management of Ecologically Fragile Lands) Act 2003
Smt.Padma Mahanti, IFS (Full Additional Charge)
0471 - 2529320, 2736327